Topic: LOST (Youth Word of the Year 2020 in Germany)
Who can apply?
- Professional dancers of all ages and styles
How does the competition work?
- Theater tanzSpeicher will conduct a preselection with an independent jury. Eight videos will be selected.
- These eight dance solos will be presented on May 13, 2021 in a TV show and a live stream by TV Mainfranken and will be discussed by a panel of experts.
- The winners will be determined by the judgment of the panel and the vote of the audience.
- The dancers will not be personally present.
What is there to win?
- 1st place: 2500 euros
- 2nd place: 1000 euros
- 3rd place: 500 euros
- 4th place: 500 euros
- 5th – 8th place: 100 euros each
What should the competition entry look like?
- A self-choreographed dance solo
- The dance solo must have been developed exclusively for the international video solo dance competition “The Glorious Eight” (no prior publication)
- The topic is “LOST” – the youth word 2020 in Germany.
- A reference to the topic and any resulting associations must be recognizable.
- Dancing must be the main stylistic component of the work.
- 1:1 performance in front of the camera (no retroactive cuts, effects, or image editing. Exception: the sound can be recorded separately)
What are the technical requirements?
- Length: 1:30 min (no longer, no shorter)
- The video must be submitted in a common video format (mp4, mpg, mov, avi, wmv)
- Videos recorded with a mobile phone are permitted, please choose landscape format and the best possible quality (min. 12 megapixels)
- If music is used, the artist and title must be specified
What is the schedule?
- Application deadline: April 15, 2021
- Pre-selection completed by: April 30, 2021
- Broadcast: May 13, 2021
- Online voting: May 13 – May 16, 2021
- Announcement of the result: May 17, 2021
How can you apply?
- Send us a short application (CV) and a synopsis of your video to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Attention: for the selection process a password-protected link to your video is needed, e.g. on Youtube or Vimeo. Please no downloads.